It's Thursday! The Thursday before Thanksgiving. Only one more week till family, Aggie football, turkey, green bean casserole, pecan pie.... Dang! Gotta undo the top button on my pants just thinking about it. I might have just gained ten pounds!!
I've confessed before that I love to find and read other blogs. I usually find a little gem like The Cape on the Corner. This blog has encouraged its readers to take a moment on Thursdays and note all the things from the previous week they are thankful for in this November. It has been a long time since I have actually kept a gratitude journal, but I think this is a good idea. So, here goes...
- The biggie...life itself. I am so thankful for another minute, day, week, month, year. I am always so grateful to see another Fall and Winter.
- Thankful that I was able to go to mom's earlier this week and take her to her doctor appointments and health screenings. I am grateful for my mom's health! She is 77 and doing well. Although she has aches and pain, I am grateful that they are not any worse than they are. God has blessed her and I am thankful.
- Thankful my husband went to the grocery store while I was visiting Mom earlier this week. THANK YOU, RONNIE. I love you...smoochie, smoochie, hug, hug...oops, back to business. Not only that, but he had supper ready when I got home. That was awesome. I am so grateful for the gift of love God has given me. I have a great family and a wonderful husband!
- I am thankful Ronnie and my brother, Leo, had the opportunity to go fishing this week. They both love fishing. Life is too short not to do the things you love!
- Thankful I have nixed the sugar from my morning coffee, opting for healthier Stevia! One little change I hope I will carry further.
- And last for now, but certainly not least...thankful I get to see my great-neice and great-nephews next Thursday. Oh yeah, and the rest of the family. Kidding...they know I like love them. Come on, there had to be a little humor in this thankful post.
So, what was the good in your past week? Feel free to share what you are thankful for and then head over to The Cape on the Corner...I think you will be thankful you did, as it is a pretty neat little blog!