I'm not planning on a weekly Thankful Thursday post - wouldn't want to commit to something I'm not sure I can deliver - but I do have some stuff to be thankful for this week:
- Michael's birthday - My nephew is a sweet, sweet young man. Like with any young man, he has had challenges. I see changes coming for him! I see him stomping his challenges this year! He will prevail. His birthday was on Monday. My brother made bbq chicken, pork tenderloin, sausage, tater salad and beans a la charra. Sounds familiar? We stick with what we are good at, ha.
- Justified - I cannot tell you how much we look forward to Wednesday at 9:00 p.m.!! Love this show and the eye candy, Timothy Olyphant, doesn't hurt either.
I'm so glad there is a great show on tv that doesn't make me cry.
- Ashleigh and Colton are expecting a baby!!! Honey Boy is getting a little brother or little sister. One day I envision them with another little boy. I can just see Coltonwrestling with his baby boys and Ashleigh laughing at them. But then, some days I see them with a baby girl. I know Colton will be just as gentle and in love with her as he is with her mama. I am so happy for them. I know forever is theirs. Love this picture of Honey Boy!
- Oh! and Honey Boy! He is going to be the ultimate big brother. He is so smart and strong. Nobody better mess with Little Brother or Little Sister or Honey Boy will open up a can of Whoop...., well, you know where I'm going with that.
- Cooler weather - the last couple of morning have been very cool. I thought I had seen the last of cool, comfortable weather. I haven't really been out, but the little bit that I have been I can tell it has been really nice!
- Cruises - My niece went on a cruise this week!! She was so excited. I just know they had a blast and I am so looking forward to hearing all her stories.
- Last but definitely not least - life, love, family, hope, faith, God. Thank you, God. Thank you.
In other news, Win, Lose or Blog did not pick me as a contestant. I didn't figure they would, but a girl can hope. :) The thought crossed my mind, though...just because one doesn't get picked doesn't mean one can't participate. The thing about a contest like that is that there is some accountability. Plus, you have the specific platform of trying to encourage, motivate and educate others to give it a try. We'll see. Maybe Casa Causpanic will have a weekly weight loss/nutrition feature. Maybe even tomorrow. Maybe. See...no accountability. ha.
We took a break on the reno this week. Everyone is all rested (translate, I am rested) and still will get a little rest next week as we look for AC guys and Electrical guys. If they only knew they were gonna be featured on a famous blog, they would prolly do it for free!! lol. That made you laugh huh? I'm glad. We all need a good laugh every now and again!!
I hope everyone has a glorious FRIDAY! Enjoy it and may your day go by fast so you can start on a relaxing, happy weekend!